- 942cc, air-cooled, SOHC, 4-valve, fuel injected, single pin crankshaft, V-twin
- 5-speed transmission & belt drive
- Close loop, dual bore fuel injection
- Comfortable, upright riding position
- Premium dual shock piggyback rear suspension
- Flangeless, 13 litre fuel tank
- Classic, aluminum spoke wheels (19" front & 17" rear)
- Cool retro Scrambler styling
Blacked out, 942cc, air-cooled, SOHC, 4-valves per cylinder, fuel injected, 60° V-twin power plant pumps out impressive power & torque. Maximum torque is reached at 3,000 rpms.
SOHC, pent-roof, 4-valve cylinder heads.
- 4-valve design optimizes breathing efficiency & overall engine performance at all rpms
- 31.5 mm intake & 28 mm exhaust valves use friction reducing single valve springs
- compact pent roof combustion chamber design & optimized squish area forces the fuel / air mixture toward the centre of the combustion chamber for more complete combustion & excellent power with reduced emissions
- 25,000 km valve adjustment intervals
Specially designed roller rockers activate the valves.
- Y shaped roller rocker arms allows a greater amount of valve lift without causing excessive camshaft wear & friction
- slipper portion of the rocker arm utilizes a needle bearing for reduced camshaft wear & reduced sliding resistance (friction)
No fuss, traditional air-cooled engine design.
- cylinders have a tapered "V" appearance to highlight the V-twin engine design
- cooling fins have been optimized for excellent cooling even in stop & go traffic
- easier maintenance
Automatic cam chain tensioners reduce mechanical noise & simplify maintenance.
"Liner-less", ceramic composite-plated cylinder bores.
- ceramic coating sprayed directly on the aluminum blocks, eliminating the liners & reducing weight
- excellent heat dissipation for consistent power delivery
- ceramic coating enhances the thin film of oil between the cylinder & piston, reducing friction & increasing power
Flat top, lightweight forged aluminum pistons.
- less reciprocating mass for fast engine response
- reduced mechanical vibration for excellent reliability
Single pin style crankshaft.
- design accentuates V-twin engine character, pulse feel & sound
Crankcases feature a "Tri-Axis" layout for the crank, main & drive axles.
- creates a more compact & shorter engine front to back
- shorter engine allows for optimum engine placement in the "sweet spot" of frame for desired weight distribution & great handling
Wet sump lubrication system with easy access, spin on oil filter & drain plug for easy oil changes.
Classic side mounted 2.3 litre air box houses an easy access, a high-flow viscous paper-type filter.
"Closed loop", dual bore, 35 mm throttle body fuel injection system with linear throttle response for easy riding.
- system uses throttle position sensor (TPS) to help optimize intake air flow & power
- ISC or idle speed controller ensures a steady idle
- 4 - hole injectors optimize fuel atomization & feature a dual spray pattern for more complete combustion chamber filling
- "closed loop system" uses an oxygen sensor to "sniff" spent exhaust & automatically adjust the fuel / air ratio for reduced emissions
- oxygen sensor is located before the mufflers, so the use of aftermarket "slip-on" mufflers will not affect the closed loop system
- fuel injection benefits include; excellent throttle response, choke-free starting, steady idling during warm up, excellent fuel economy & reduced emissions
Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission.
- optimized gear ratios match engine power for strong acceleration
- 5th gear offers reduced engine rpms at highway speeds
- clutch is an "outer pull" design for light, easy lever effort
Narrow design belt drive with carbon fibre cords.
- narrow 21 mm wide belt design
- cleaner & quieter than chain drive... no messy chain splatter
- low maintenance... no regular adjustments or lubrication required
- belt drive system simplifies customization
Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (TCI).
- produces a strong spark for fast starts
- provides precise ignition timing / mapping for optimum engine performance at all rpms
2 into 1 exhaust system.
- large diameter header pipes for maximum flow; rear header pipe "snakes" forward to provide the correct tuned length.
- slightly upswept, dual stage muffler produces a low, throaty V-Twin growl & features an aluminum end cap
- heat shields protect rider & passenger from hot components
- 3-way honeycomb catalyzer reduces harmful exhaust emissions
Air Injection System injects fresh air into exhaust ports to fully burn any unburnt fuel, further reducing exhaust emissions.
Tube type, double cradle steel frame with exposed rear subframe.
- provides a natural riding position & roomy ergonomics
- frame utilizes a rigid engine mounting system optimizing the overall chassis rigidity balance for superior handling
- engine mounting position provides a low center of gravity for light, easy handling
Tube-type, steel, swingarm compliments the frame & features a dual shock rear suspension system.
1575 mm (62") wheelbase provides light, agile handling, for a fun riding experience.
41mm KYB front fork offers 120 mm (4.7") of wheel travel.
- good ride comfort & compliance
- traditional "scrambler style" fork boots ("gaiters") help prevent fork tube "nicks" & protect fork seals
Adjustable, premium, remote reservoir, dual gas charged shock rear suspension. Rear wheel travel is 70 mm (2.8").
- 5 - positions of spring preload adjustability to suit load and / or rider preferences
- remote reservoir design keeps the shock cooler for more consistent damping performance
Single, 298mm front disc brake features a floating, wave-style disc squeezed by a twin piston caliper.
- strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power
- wave-style disc offers more surface area than a conventional round disc for excellent heat dissipation
298 mm rear wave-style disc brake is squeezed by single piston caliper.
- caliper mounted to the underside of swingarm, reducing the centre of gravity for light handling
- location also hides the caliper for a clean, custom look
Classic, spoked, scrambler style 19" front & 17" aluminum wheels.
- lightweight design reduces unsprung weight for superior suspension performance
- front rim size is 2.50 x 19" // rear rim size is 3.50 x 17"
- dual sport, wide block tread design (90% on road / 10% light off road)
Fun styled, retro scrambler body work
Steel fenders front & rear steel for easy re-painting or customization.
13 litre, slim design, teardrop shaped, flangeless fuel tank.
- 2.8 litre reserve capacity (low fuel light illuminates)
- flangeless design provides a clean custom look
Slim, low profile one piece rider & passenger seat.
- good comfort & support
- seat height is 830 mm (32.7")
- slim design makes it easier to touch ground
- traditional passenger grab strap
Lightweight aluminum rider foot pegs are positioned almost directly below the seat.
- traditional, natural upright riding position
Wide, scrambler style 7/8" conventional handlebar with reinforcing crossbar for added strength.
- provides an upright riding position & excellent rider comfort
- wide design for easy handling & that special scrambler image
- bar can be changed to a different "bend" for easy customization or personal preferences
Triple clamp mounted LCD digital meter / instrument.
- functions include; speedometer, odometer, dual trip meters, fuel reserve trip meter (counts kilometers since low fuel light activated), clock & range of warning lights
- instrument functions can be "tabbed" through & reset using the LHS handlebar switch gear, allowing the operator to change instrument functions without taking hands off the bars.
60/55 watt high intensity halogen headlight with chromed bezel.
Round "vintage design" LED tail light.
The SCR950 is designed to be compact & slim, featuring clean, simple styling with the ability to easily personalize / customize the bike with a wide range of Genuine Yamaha accessories.
- classic vintage styled graphics
- high mounted front & rear turn signals
- upper & lower belt drive cover helps prevent debris from entering the belt and pulley areas
- fork mounted steering lock
- self-cancelling turn signals
- traditional dipstick to check oil level
- Yamaha diagnostic service tool coupler
- Low-maintenance, sealed battery (battery should be charged during winter storage)